Is it too soon for for a YUMMY FALL DESSERT?! I’ve already seen Halloween decor, costumes, and treats in the stores…so why not add to the early fall craziness lol.(Clearly my daughter approves haha).
My daughter and I made this fun recipe together in a big casserole pyrex dish…but it can also be made in individual cups for a Halloween party or class.
We used the recipe from one of my fave Chocolate Lasagna’s here ….and then changed it slightly…but it’s a super fun, easy, and kid friendly recipe!
- 2 packages regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff)
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Gummy worms
- Candy Corn Pumpkins
- Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies
- Orange food coloring
- Black decorating gel
- Begin by crushing all the Oreo cookies. I put mine in a ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin (but a food processor works too). Roll until all the chunks are out and it is a fine crumb consistency.
- Transfer 1/2 the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl (or one bag of oreo’s worth). Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Then mix in several drops of the food coloring (I did this until it turned into the color I desired). Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Spread evenly the remaining bag of crushed oreo’s on top as the graveyard “dirt.”
- Then decorate your graveyard however you like (with the milano cookies sticking out, worms coming out, and pumpkins….get creative!)
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Happy Fall everyone!